Tuesday 6 October 2009

They inspire me...

A massive fan of Slash!! I think if I was born a few years earlier he would of influenced my physical presence further!

"The river is constantly turning and bending and you never know where it's going to go and where you'll wind up. Following the bend in the river and staying on your own path means that you are on the right track. Don't let anyone deter you from that."...
"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma."...Eartha Kitt


My love and respect for this woman surpasses what she can offer my wardrobe. She exudes a sincerity with everything she says and does which to me is the true driving force of her success. Vivienne is more than just Fashion as YSL said this fades, I believe her lifestyle is eternal.


There is a reason why she is the Queen of Pop regardless of what people say about her "life"... using quotation marks because I believe as a celebrity and especially one of Madonna's calibre life as they privately live it and life as depicted in the media and fed to the public for the most part is not the same. Madonna has covered every genre of music and really understands what "entertainment" is ... she's undeniably kept her fans on a cliff LP to LP. I love this video for the lyrical message "express don't repress" and Jean-Baptiste Mondino did a killer job with the visual concept.

"I wasn't born this way. One creates oneself. I believe whatever I dream. Whatever I dream, I want t do."...Grace Jones

Grace is physical art in my opinion, words are created to describe her the Oxford Dictionary just doesn't suffice! she once said when she enters a carriage it tends to empty "but there's always one brave one"... that would be me, I understand that when people can't understand they attack or run.

'
"Lies run sprints, but truths run marathons. The truth will win this marathon in court"...
"And my goal in life is to give the world what i was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance" ... Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson... just GREAT, one of a kind, the original mould!! I love this song and the video with Miss Naomi Campbell... people forget that Michael was a sex symbol, the chemistry between him, Naomi and that camera is steam against a window!


I have a collection of Gene Kelly's movies, so talented and to this day if I'm ill (which I am now) or just having a lazy day in "Anchors Aweigh", "Cover Girl", "Singin' in the Rain" "It's Always Fair Weather" (above) ... the list is endless comes on. Not many of my friends share this love so if you do give me a shout! Probably all over the age of 50 BUT I love older people. I love this clip as it really shows his dance skills.. tap dancing in roller blades... most folks can't even stand in them.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."... Barack Obama

Truly inspiring. To me Obama becoming President wasn't only monumental due to him breaking race barriers BUT he really embodied the word "change" and "unity", his capability in making the ignorant look at the bigger picture is why his voice will echo forever. I urge everyone to watch his inauguration speech.



"Artists aren't really people. And I'm actually 40 per cent papier mache."... Morrissey
I love when music has a deeper meaning and the Smiths spoke of Politics through song... if something can make you move and think it's a force.

There's no denying Iman's beauty, the tone of her voice penetrates the substance. Honestly how can someone not be captivated by what leaves the mouth of such intriguing face I fall in love more when she speaks so organically. Eloquence comes in many formats.


There are many others from Nelson Mandela to Jean- Paul Goude and Salvador Dali but I thought I'd dedicate this to the ten I currently have on my title graphic.

Au revoir!

Me x

No comments: